oTree Forum >

Cannot run browser bots

#1 by Christoph

Hello eveybody,
I am currently trying to run brwoser bots to test an experiment. Currently, however, I am getting the following error:

requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8000): Max retries exceeded with url: /close_browser_bots_session (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.
urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x058B3310>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte'))

Which seems to indicate that the bots repeatedly try and fail to get a connection. The last line in German states that "a connection could not be established, as the target computer refused the connection." 

I did a bit of searching online, but most discussion of this error went deeper that I am familiar with. Has anybody experienced this error before or knows which kind of setting might cause it?

I use otree 5.9.6, Google Chrome is installed, and I reduced the tests down to the bare minimum (simply yielding the first introduction page).

#2 by Chris_oTree

are you running the server?

#3 by Christoph

Sometime, it's the small things. That was indeed the problem, it wasn't running anymore :D
Thanks

Write a reply

Set forum username