oTree Forum >

Changing a .otreezip file in the middle of server deployment.

#1 by Tedquestion (edited )

Hi Chris and all, 

I have uploaded .otreezip to Heroku, deployed a server and published an experiment. In the middle of collecting data, I found a minor error in the study. 

In this case, how can I upload a fixed .otreezip file to server without deleting the data (or resetting the database) that I already collected? In other words, I would like to keep the current data (current database) but upload a new .otreezip, so I can simply continue with what I have been collecting.

Thanks in advance!

#2 by Chris_oTree

It should be OK as long as you didn't add/remove/change any model fields, or add/remove pages from the page_sequence. For example modifying a template is fine.

Just upload the new otreezip and don't reset the database.

#3 by Tedquestion

Yes, it does! Thank you so much, Chris :)

#4 by wilson (edited )

Hello, would such minor changes not wipe the server if I am instead using Github to deploy the server on Heroku? I needed to make a minor change to the _init_.py for my before_next_page function.

#5 by wilson

Just deployed the github change and it looks like Chris' reply is correct for deploys from github (provided "you didn't add/remove/change any model fields, or add/remove pages from the page_sequence").

Write a reply

Set forum username