oTree Forum >

Heroku Problem: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode

#1 by ynyyny

Hi!

I was running an experimental session on Heroku and at the end of the experiment, the program had the following error:
FATAL:  the database system is in recovery mode

I am also attaching a screenshot of the error. I have run the otree program on Heroku for several times and it went well. Then it suddenly crushed. And I could not access to the experimental data for this session.

Does anyone know how to deal with this error? And how could I get the data back? Thank you very much!

#2 by ynyyny

Additionally, I found that there was a "Dyno Restart, User Initiated" around the time when the oTree failure occurred. But I did not initiate any dyno restart and I guess that it happened automatically. Did that cause the oTree program failure? And how can we avoid it happening during a session? Also, can I still get my experimental data back?

Thank you very much!

#3 by ynyyny

Update: I still could not figure out the problem, but I believe that it is not an issue with Dyno restart. This error should be about the Postgresql, and I tried adding one more Dyno. Right now I have 2xDyno with Standard 2x, and two Add-ons: Heroku Data for Redis (Premium 1), and Heroku Postgres (Standard 0). My experimental session usually involves 20 subjects playing interactive game, not sure if this setup is enough.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!

Write a reply

Set forum username